any writings or speakers in Permaculture Philosophy?

Michael Yount yount at csf.Colorado.EDU
Fri Apr 17 13:30:37 EDT 1998

Hi Harold,

I'm currently reading Forest Gardening, by Robert Hart, and
have a copy of The Permaculture Way, by Graham Bell.  Both
are "easy to get one's head around."

Please contact me privately if you'd like publisher details
and so on.

Michael
yount at csf.colorado.edu

 :}Hello:
 :}
 :}A friend asked me if there were any writings on Permaculture philosophy.  I
 :}said that it did not appear to be much work on it beyond:
 :}
 :}1) Chapter 1,2 and the last chapter in the Permaculture: A Designers Manual
 :}         - Lovelock's 'The Gaia Hypothesis' is mentioned.
 :}
 :}2) Manosubo Fukuoka: (I saw somewhere that somebody called him "The
 :}Permaculture Philosopher" ... the books of his are The One Straw Revolution
 :}and The Natural Way of Farming
 :}
 :}But, as I have had tired eyes from too much computing on bad computer
 :}screens, I have not read every book on Permaculture yet and there are so
 :}many new ones.
 :}
 :}I guess that D. J. Sholto & Robert Hart's " Forest Farming" might be a good one.
 :}
 :}What other books shall I suggest to my friend who is increasingly wanting
 :}to talk and speak introducing permaculture ideas? I am particularly
 :}interested in the latest works by people who are explicitly
 :}permaculturalists.
 :}
 :}I've heard Larry Santoyo speak interesting asides on this but I have not
 :}heard of any writings.
 :}
 :}Who else can and do speak on such subjects?
 :}
 :}I find both tough questions during planting season when I want to abandon
 :}my computer and reading.
 :}
 :}Thanks,
 :}