Hedgerow information (fwd) RFI

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at sunsite.unc.edu
Sat Nov 15 22:38:34 EST 1997

Please respond directly to Amy.
Thanks.

LL

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:09:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Amanda Lynn Armbruster - 00 <armbrust at hal.muhlberg.edu>
To: london at sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Hedgerow information

I am writing a research paper on the effects of hedgerows on pest
populations in apple orchards in Pennsylvania.  My hypothesis is that
beneficials in hedgerows decrease the population of pests.  Specifically,
I am interested in any research linking beneficials in hedgerows to a
decrease in pest damage on apples.  However, any information concerning
the benefits of hedgerows to agricultural crops would be useful. Please
forward your pamphlet to armbrust at muhlenberg.edu as soon as possible.
Thank-you.
Sincerely,
Amy Armbruster

     Support your local organic market farmer, buy products bearing the
 BuyGreen and Sustainably Grown (natural, ecological & biointensive) labels
        http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden    london at sunSITE.unc.edu