Permaculture market garden [PC class file under nutrient cycles, cr economic

Greg Jarrett gregj9 at intellinet.com
Sat Jan 25 23:27:37 EST 1997

At 10:27 AM 1/25/97 -0500, Elfpermacl at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/24/97 5:47:14 PM, rhys at macquarie.matra.com.au (Rhys
>Howitt) wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any comments on this approach?
>
>Yes, this works if you have the space.  Depending on climate, soils, the
>value of eggs vs vegetables in your profit margins, etc., you can have
>several plots and rotate them.  The trick then is to get your companion
>planting to work while you plant gardens that will be harvested all about the
>same time, despite the fact that they are mixed crops.  More divisions also
>allow for more space to veggies, which can be important to people on smaller
>plots.

Dan, could you elaborate on this a little more?  Why am I harvesting
everything at the same time?  Is there more to planting than simple
broadcasting?  What do you mean by "more divisions"?

This method is completely new to me, so any details are helpful.  Thank you!

  Greg Jarrett     gregj9 at intellinet.com
   P.O. Box 93
    Fox, Arkansas  72051
     USA