greenhouse w/chickens?

suzi rubin srubin at erinet.com
Fri Sep 15 18:52:16 EDT 1995

I am a beginning farmer in my second year of raising chickens.  I am
planning to build a lean-to type greenhouse approx 36' long on the south
side of my barn (located in southern Ohio, USA).  I would like to use the
heat/CO2 from the chickens to assist in heating the greenhouse while
providing a comfortable environment for my feathered friends.  I'm
interested in any info regarding greenhouse design, solar heating systems,
materials, etc. in general and the integration of chickens in particular.