[pchealth] iodine

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:49:06 EST 2013

I became aware of the importance of iodine for thyroid health when looking
for info on tofu
and how safe it is to consume regularly at it is reputed to affect the
thyroid. Decided not to worry about that but still am curious about getting
enough iodine
in my diet. I suppose multivitamins may contain traces of it but don't
know. Anyway, eating plenty of fish and seaweed should keep iodine levels
topped up
I would assume. I am getting used to to Japanese macrobiotic cooking and
eating far less meat than before other than fish, dried or canned.
As for iodine for radiation protecttion, I am not knowledgeable about that
but I do know that miso will purge the body of radiation.

LL