[pchealth] Fwd: Craving Comfort: Perfect Sweet Tea

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 28 12:56:55 EST 2012

[baking soda has been in the news lately as having positive health effects]

http://cravingcomfort.blogspot.com/2012/07/sweet-tea.html

There IS a small "secret" ingredient in this Tea.
It removes all bitterness and creates a smooth, clear amazing Tea!

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yfvviBVSN2I/UBCm5hmNLII/AAAAAAAAFG8/LXKTgAvuOuk/s1600/sweetteaFIX+jar.jpg>

*Perfect Sweet Tea.* (makes 1 gallon)
(Adapted from the Lone Star Steak House)

Ingredients -
5 - 8  Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags)
/       ( I prefer  #1 Luzianne or  #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)/
1 Quart  (4 Cups) - Boiling Water
3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water
1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar.
1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda/(this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)/
/
/
Directions -
1.  Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher /(I use a gallon-size Mason Jar
but many people have voiced concerns about pouring boiling water into a
glass container, so use whatever container you'd like)/
        Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda,
        Pour Boiling water over tea bags,
        Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
                      ~*~
2.  Remove and toss out Tea Bags,
       Add Sugar and Stir until completely dissolved.
       Add Cool Water.
       Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.
                       ~*~
3.  Serve over ice,
       Take a nice long sip.
       Swoon.