[nafex] Scientists are creating half-sized peach treesto make picking fruit easier (Modern Farmer)

Geoffrey Tolle gtolle0709 at wowway.com
Tue Aug 19 15:15:31 EDT 2014

Another point would be that our dwarfing rootstock is very limited genetically. There are many fruit varieties but much more limited rootstock varieties. If (when) something shows up to take out one rootstock, then it could take years for the industry to recover from the loss of that rootstock. Having another source of dwarf trees only makes good ecological sense.

										Geoffrey Tolle