[nafex] Lori, Wild Black Cherry

Lori Rizzo rizzolori1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:51:19 EDT 2014

So, I mixed them with some wild beach rose hips that have been soaking in
white wine for a couple of weeks, and a couple of apricots.  I boiled em up
and strained the juice. I've decided to do a couple of things:
1. Mix this with sugar and dark corn syrup to make a baste for crispy
chicken or duck - I think the flavor will suit this purpose.
2. Make some jelly.

There isn't enough to make wine so perhaps some other time.

I need to make one more trip to Tennessee to finish my move to Kingston,
MA, so will be collecting elderberries at that time if they are ready.  I
will be making some wine from them.  I'm also in search of "beach plums"
but the natives here tell me they are the wild rose hips - however, the
Internet tells me they are another type of bush, so it's a bit confusing as
to what they are - need to do a bit more research.

Thanks, all.
Lori