[nafex] Considering Cornelian cherry trees in the southeast - experience?

Matt Demmon mdemmon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 15:22:00 EDT 2014

Betsy,

I can only speak to my experience in the Southeast of Michigan, which is a
distinctly different climate. We do have dogwood anthracnose here, and
about 80-90% of the flowering dogwoods that I plant or see planted (my day
job is landscaping) die within 1-3 years. Never had a Cornelian cherry fail
however. Seems to be totally tough and rock solid here. I would guess that
they are not susceptible to anthracnose.

Matt Demmon, CNSP
Native Landscapes
PlantWise, LLC

cell: 734.255.2783