[nafex] pawpaw leaf disease

mark wessel growyourown at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 13 21:49:39 EDT 2013

For several years my brother has been asking what is wrong with his pawpaw trees. I have never seen his problem until tonight when he brought a few leaves to a family function.
The leaves had circular to irregular shaped spots. THe center of the spot was light brown with a dark brown area surrounding the lighter area. THe whole thing had a yellow halo. They seem to start small and progress to envelope much of the leaf. He said it will spread through the whole tree and it eventually defoliates.

The trees are suckers or rootstock from Petersons Pawpaws. I think the tops may have died from this several years prior.

Any Ideas?

Mark SW OHio