[nafex ibiblio list] Experience with perry pears

rmelrose at danvilleVT.net rmelrose at danvilleVT.net
Sun Jan 15 13:09:59 EST 2012

Claude, It sounds as though your seasons are close to ours here in Vermont, but
maybe we have warmer `summers'. How was the Thorn, as far as perry was
concerned or did you not get that far yet?

You probably have Anjou and Luscious -- when do you pick these (and at what
stage)? I'm not even sure what one is supposed to do with perry pears, I
mean does one pick them hard like other European pears or are they better
tree-ripened (which is what I have been doing with the Golden Spice before
juicing them)?

Lots of questions.

Richard