[nafex ibiblio list] Update to Pear-quince list

sherwin sherwindu at att.net
Sat Jan 14 22:37:06 EST 2012

On 1/13/2012 4:31 PM, david liezen wrote:

> TS:Have you talked at all to the horticultural pro at Raintree? I've asked Katy a number of questions in the past and she has been most useful. Try
> hort at raintreenursery.com
>
> Dave Liezen

      I can share a very good source of Quince compatibility with pears
from Jim Ozzello.  He is a real
      pear enthusiast living in southern Wisconsin.  He has done
numerous pear grafts on quince.
      Attached is an article revision and up-date of an article, which
appeared in the Pomona of XVII, No. 2, Spring 1985.

     I did two successful pear grafts (Morettini and Clara Frije) last
year using some of Jim's scion wood atop Quince C
     rootstock.  Both grafts took.  I planted the Morettini and am
keeping the Clara Frije in a pot, for now.

                          Sherwin Dubren