[nafex] Was:Pine needle mulch, now: Blueberries in high pH

Andrew Hahn andrew.p.hahn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:47:28 EST 2012

Thanks for the amendment suggestions, I hadn't though of soybean meal as
being particularly good for acid loving plants and avoided Gypsum so as not
to rais the pH. Probably time to test the soil again to see what it needs.

I had wondered why naturally occurring fungi would not be picked up and
couldn't find much about how common thy were. It is pretty likely my soil
has at least some, while I don't know of any ericaceous plants here in the
plains, 20 miles away the mountains have serval species.

Very helpful, thank you.

Andy

--
"The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time." - Willem
de Kooning