[nafex] Relocating squirrels

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 23:33:47 EDT 2012

Well, I got what I expected. Lots of advice but no actual answer to my
question. I'm not complaining, as I said, it's what I expected.

On 8/15/2012 7:50 PM, Louis Pittman wrote:
> 1. It's ineffective - another squirrel(and another, and another) will take
> the relocated animal's place

Yes, I'm sure that's true. The thing is, while squirrels have been
taking every hazel not since the year my hazels started bearing they
didn't learn to open and eat ears of corn until recently. About 3 years
ago, one squirrel learned to eat corn from my garden late in the corn
season. The next year a couple were doing it and starting earlier. This
year, I came home after a 6 day trip to my family in Ohio and they had
eaten it ALL. For over 20 years, I grew corn and the squirrels walked
right by without knowing they were missing something good. This year,
they also picked every single Nova pear while they were about half size.
My goal isn't to eliminate all the squirrels. My goal is to eliminate
all the ones that know how to eat my corn and will teach future generations.

Steve