[NAFEX] American plum (wild plum; P. americana) - Discussion of edibility.

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Sun Sep 4 13:37:13 EDT 2011

Steve,

We have a conservation planting of 100 P. americana nearby.  I have
found them universally delicious. I don't remember any astingency in the
skins. They just are much tastier than commercial plums, with a
complexity of flavors. I've eaten literally hundreds of them.

Unfortunately, on my property, not more than 20 miles away from the
conservation planting, I can't get them to set fruit.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days