[NAFEX] Jonafree, Liberty, Macfree, Freedom: how good are they?

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 17:18:02 EDT 2011

Jackie,

I first tasted Liberty at a nearby orchard some years ago. They sell well there. I like the tartness and crunch, color and flavor. Keeps at least until New Years Day.
So, when considering an apple to grow in my yard Liberty topped the list. It was planted in spring of 2007 (purchased from Raintree on EMLA26 stock) and the first crop was harvested last Fall. Fine apple, trouble free regarding diseases; the one caveat may be you must take care not to stunt its growth by encouraging fruit too early in its youth. Liberty is the smallest of my trees planted the same season. Worth having.

Dave Liezen z6 E. WA