[NAFEX] evans/bali cherry

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 26 17:48:00 EDT 2011

If a side branch is affected, I cut it. If it is the main trunk, I treat it
with Bordeaux mixture, a sulphur based fongicide.
I may be wrong but I am under the impression that suckers are more resistant
than the original tree...
The fertility of the soil has a lot to do with disease susceptibility. I
find that a cherry tree growing in poor sandy acidic soil is more likely to
get gummosis than a cherry tree growing in better balanced soil full of
nutrients...
Maybe someone can tell us what is the ideal soil for Evans cherry?

Hélène, zone 3-4