[NAFEX] Goumi

Martha Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 14:26:13 EST 2011

I have tasted ripe Goumi fruit in July at Whitman Farms Lucile Whitman's
Nursery in Salem Oregon.  There were sweet tart somewhat reminiscent of very
ripe pie cherries. I liked the flavor  and having it in a nitrogen producing
plant is great.  Mine haven't fruited yet I only got around to planting a
pollinator last summer. Very fragrant tubular flowers in early spring.

Martha
High elevation New Mexico the land of microclimates
USDA Zone 5/6 depending on which reliable source you believe.
Heat zone 2, with most summer nights in the 50ties.