[NAFEX] Zone 6 & Asian persimmon - lowest minimum temperaturesurvived? Cultivar?

S & E Hills ehills7408 at wowway.com
Mon Jan 10 17:45:51 EST 2011

I have an Ichi Ke Kei Jiro from edible landscaping that is going on its 4th
or 5th year(?)  I haven't had too much die back, except for the year that
the tree was damaged by neighborhood kids.  Its about 7  or so feet tall and
has not yet given me any fruit.  It did bloom 2-3 flowers a couple years
ago, but that is it.

I'm in SE Michigan in a weird little microclimate formed by a large lake.
Geographically I'm north of Canada and generally my winters are low zone 7
to high zone 6.  (last winter's coldest was 3 I believe)  So far this winter
we've had one night where it dipped to 6.

Scott