[NAFEX] Hazelnuts in NC OT?

Amelia Hayner abhayner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:42:11 EST 2011

I am trying to remember where I ordered them from....
it was a place that specialized in nuts, different varieties, and crosses...
also it had many hybrid oak trees.
I am thinking it was a place on the west coast.
I don't know if they were blight resistant or not, but they just grew VERY
slowly... there was a whole row of them so there should have been enough
pollination.
I don't think I would plant them again, not in this area. But you are in
another area! maybe it would be different there.
I didn't see warped or deformed leaves.
But, those years were drought years, and they were out where I could not
irrigate them.
We lost a lot of young apple trees about the same time.
Amy
now in NC
nary a filbert to be seen anywhere around here....