[NAFEX] Canadians Unite!

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 14:02:20 EDT 2011

I will not be sending you a list this year because of what happened in my grafting beds:  the mice ate all the bark off my grafted apples (as well as plums and apricots, about 300 trees in all) for the bottom 12".  I was able to prune off the tops, chip out the labels, compare labels and my map, get rootstock to put them back on, etc.  But the problem is that I'm not 100% sure on a bunch of them if the top I cut off is a graft or if the graft failed and I'm going to be grafting Ranetka onto crab rootstock... I'm willing to take that chance to save varieties, but I'm not sure everyone else will be.

Once I have time to figure out what I for sure have (labeled stuff out in the orchard vs stuff in the grafting beds) I'll get the shortened list to you.

Sarah