[NAFEX] Wild Prunus (North American plums and sour cherries) - taste reviews.

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Sat Nov 27 12:53:19 EST 2010

The early European settlers in Ontario (and I imagine elsewhere) used to
fill jars part way with Prunus serotina cherries and top off with cheap
rum (because that was what they could afford) then close and leave it as
long as their willpower held out before drinking. They were sometimes
called "rum cherries" for that reason.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada