[NAFEX] Fleshy Hawthorne

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 16:23:41 EDT 2010

Anyone have any experience/info to share about fleshy/fruiting hawthornes?
What do they taste like?   What do you do with them (jam, jelly, sauce, out of hand, etc)? How hardy are they really?

Green Barn Nursery in QC carries them as does my local Canadian Tire store (huge trees for $119.00 each).  I could justify that price under the "landscaping the dirt around my new house with actual trees", but I'd like to know more about them before I invest that much.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB