[NAFEX] Haskaps availability

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 20 14:31:39 EST 2010

I've tried growing some Russian selections here in zone 6, middle tn.  They bloom very early and although flowers were resistant to light frost, we got very little fruit.  We tasted larger quantities in Russia near St. Petersburg in jam etc.  Very tasty, but not unlike blueberry which seems a lot easier to grow and more productive in our climate.  Hector black