[NAFEX] zone 4 peaches - other casualties

Anton Ptak antonptak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 15:41:40 EDT 2010

To add to the list of fall-planted casualties, I also saw two apricots have
major problems - Debbie's Gold died to the ground and the Harlayne has a wee
bit of live growth above the graft union, but yet to see any new growth.
Both of those varieties should have made it through the one time low
of -20F.  Those were my only two fall planted trees - all 100 other various
fruit trees planted in the spring came through fine.  Winter was mild and
well insulated with lots of snow.

I think I'll stick to spring planting from here out. . .

Anton Ptak
zone 4 W. Wisc