[NAFEX] Direct planting chestnuts

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Apr 6 12:05:23 EDT 2010

I have some going now  using an old method that has worked before.
Cut an X in the bottom of a can, peel the points outward.  Fill can
halfway with soil, insert nut, finish filling, invert can into planting
hole with the points up, at surface level.  Fill in around the can.
The can protects the nut, but rusts away before it can strangle the
tree.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short,
low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower :