[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 80, Issue 25

Neil Lewis lewisn at georgetown.edu
Sat Sep 19 22:05:00 EDT 2009

This has been an interesting thread on how taste and cultural
conditioning relate.  As an Australian I have to stand up for our
national honor (such as Australia has) and say I love vegemite. We are
fed it from a young age; almost all Australians love it; most
non-Australians hate it. My favorite way to eat it: piece of burnt toast
(black -- melds with the black vegemite), butter, vegemite, topped with
a fried egg. Excellent hangover food; lots of B vitamins.  For the
record: I also love maple syrup and peanut butter. Lots of Australians
love peanut butter. I tried Durian at the NAFEX meeting in North
Carolina the summer before last-- no thanks!

Neil Lewis