[NAFEX] Durians and other interesting things

M Stanton 6ducks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:59:01 EDT 2009

I vote for the cultural theory.

We in the U.S. eat lots of peanut butter, but a friend who traveled in
Australia said that people there thought it was totally disgusting.

If you've traveled in South America you might find the smell of the open air
meat markets enough to make you sick-but in my opinion it's a matter of
acclimation.

There's a market in Cincinnati that has produce from all over the world.  It
normally carries huge chunks of durian-but frozen.  I picked one up to see
if I could catch a hint of the scent, but as with most frozen things I could
not get even a whiff.

Michele in Ohio