[NAFEX] cornus mas ripe?

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 00:56:55 EDT 2009

Allow them to soften before eating.  I generally wait for fruit drop, as individual fruits have a tendency to mature at slightly different times on the same tree.  Once accustomed to judging ripeness with them, you may be able to pick some from the tree.  Some varieties hold onto their fruit better than others.  Yellow C. mas drop their fruit when ripe.

Lon is a very fortunate man.  Someone in Oregon should contact him to "help" with his harvest. :)

John