[NAFEX] sudden apricot death

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Thu Sep 3 12:29:55 EDT 2009

Here's an interesting occurence:

I had an apricot x plum of some kind and during a couple years when we
had very dry spring weather, the squirrels learned to eat all of the
leaves off it except for the very ends of the branches.  The tree ended
up looking like a trimmed poodle.  Even for a year or two afterwards, it
still had most of its leaves on the ends of the branches. This year it
was dead in the spring.  Guess it couldn't recover.

I have learned to live trap the offending squirrels and relocate them,
since only certain ones learned to eat those leaves.  It actually took a
long time to figure out that it was squirrels.  Imagine looking out and
seeing most of the leaves gone off of one of your trees except for
little tufts at the end!

Best,

Jay

Jay Cutts