[NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN?

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Mon Oct 5 10:35:18 EDT 2009

Bill, the sprawling growth of Hinnomaki Yellow that you have observed is
typical for that cultivar.  Many commercial sources describe it as
having a rather prostrate growth habit and being rather difficult to
harvest for that reason.  In fact, at least one nursery sells it grafted
to a Ribes trunk.  Sorry but I cannot remember just now which one offers
it in that form. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.