[NAFEX] Cornus mas

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu May 28 10:46:52 EDT 2009

I can't speak to the self fertility because of the number of C. mas
trees I have, but every one took 7 years or longer to start blooming,
and once they did bloom, it took at  least two more years before they
started to bear.  Once bearing started, they've never missed.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :
On May 28, 2009, at 7:38 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:

We get -25F every year for a week or two & down to -35F every 4-5
years for a few days at a time...

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Lee Reich <lreich at hvc.rr.com> wrote:
> I also wrote in my book that the flowers are do "not seem to be
> completely
> self-fertile, because cross-pollination sometimes increases
> production." I
> suggest planting another variety or grafting a branch of another
> variety
> onto your tree. My trees fruit reliably after winters down to about
> minus 20
> degrees F.
> Lee Reich, PhD

sites.