[NAFEX] Pear leaf blister mite

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Sun May 24 13:00:03 EDT 2009

I believe I read to treat it that way in one of the trades.  Scaffolds, MSUs
newsletter, FGN?  I can't remember which one..

One thing to mention is that oil supposedly makes trees more susceptible to
winter kill, if sprayed in the fall.  We don't generally get very low winter
minimums here, but that might be a consideration for folks farther north.
One spray before bud break in the spring might do just as good as a fall and
spring spraying, I dunno.  You could ask USDA pear breeder Richard Bell, who
also helped with a positive I.D. in my case.  It looked like he had a post
on this list a few weeks back.

Mark
KS