[NAFEX] Subject: Re: Reliance peach tree- Peter

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:11:12 EDT 2009

<<      I am having the exact same thing happening to my Reliance. Last
year I had a bumper crop on my tree (5 years since I planted it).<<

Yup. 5 years.Surely they last longer than that! Those came from
Gurneys/henry fields. Where did you get yours?

   <<This year it has about 12 blooms on the bottom branch with a few
leaves; the rest of the tree looks dead.  <<

I don't even have that. I'm going to let it go for a while longer.
What are you going to do? Do you suppose it would do any good to prune
the branches back to 6 inches or so?

<<<However,
   during the previous winter  (2007/2008) there was so much snow that
it broke a main lateral leaving a huge crack - this
   no doubt did not help matters.>>

I have finally figured out how to beat the rabbits. Shhhhh!!! I put a
woven type of snow fence around all my trees last fall. I thought it
would be some protection from the wind, too. I have the new Reliance
from Gurney's/henry fields planted and also the two nicer trees from
Van Wells. I keep throwing money down a rat hole! Remember that movie,
The Money Pit? I feel like I'm living it.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/