[NAFEX] rocks

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Thu May 7 23:47:10 EDT 2009

Your soil sounds like mine.  :-)  I don't think there's a hard and
fast rule as to which rocks to remove, and which to toss back in the
hole.  If it's big enough that I have to pry it separately, I
generally put it the the side.  Otherwise I generally don't bother.
So the same rock may stay in the hole or be removed, depending on
where it happens to be with respect to my shovel.  The fewer rocks you
remove the larger a hole you should probably dig for the same size
plant, so as to have about the same volume of loose soil without much
competition for it to get started in.

Ginda