[NAFEX] heat tape - saving blooms

ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN hartmansfruit at msn.com
Mon Mar 30 22:47:25 EDT 2009

I have a setup where there is a thermostat and when the temperature goes below a certain point it is connected to water that is turned on automatically.  It worked great for saving pear blooms from being frozen.  I haven't used it for several years now.  I haven't really needed it the last few years.  The biggest problem we had last year was that it was too cold for the mason bees to fly.  There was a very light crop.

Bob
Western Washington