[NAFEX] English walnut??

Matt Demmon mdemmon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:51:41 EDT 2009

I think finding the correct genotype or cultivar for your location
will be key. Like in the southeast, here in michigan I see plenty of
healthy trees, with either extremely light crops of nuts (think 30 ft
tree with a dozen nuts), or most often no nuts. Not sure if it's late
freezes, cold winters, or what. I know that people who have grafted
appropriate cultivars do get good crops, as long as squirrels and
insects are kept away.

matt
se mi z5

--