[NAFEX] Maple Sap and Maple Tree hardiness

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 13:55:35 EST 2009

Hi Jim,

I don't think that we should start being fussy about only posting "fruit" stuff now!

I for one would love to read anything you have time to write on the in's and out's making maple syrup (really any topic, I love to read your posts!) and I doubt I am alone in this.  I'm hoping, in about 30 years :o), to start making my own manitoba maple syrup from our shelterbelt trees and can use all the advice I can get.

I've also seen some sugar maple trees (I forget their name, started with a V maybe??) offered for sale up here and am wondering if anyone out there is growing them in a zone 3.

Sarah Zone 3b, AB