[NAFEX] prune definition

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 18:59:53 EDT 2008

Alan,

I can remember first being surprised at the usage of an undried plum being called a prune.  Prunes have always been dried plums here.  It is certainly not usage in western PA that I have ever run across.  I think this may stem from the fact that prunes sold here identified as prunes are always the dried variety. Also, the juice product identified as prune juice as sold has always been from the reconstituted dried fruit.

John