[NAFEX] about storage

Erdman, James ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Fri Oct 17 10:18:27 EDT 2008

I think that I have mentioned our method before-we use ice chests, like
you use in the summer to keep food cool for camping or picnics, the
bigger the better.  We open or close them or move them in or out of the
garage to maintain the desired temp for the fruit.  We monitor the
temperature in the ice chest with a remote reading digital thermometer,
so we don't have to open them to check the temp.  It works well for us,
and I ate my last Northwestern Greening from fall 2007 harvest in July
2008, and it was good enough to take with lunch as a snack.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI