[NAFEX] crab apples (and lemon juice substitutes)

Karen Tillou arboretum at homeorchardsociety.org
Tue Nov 25 00:01:32 EST 2008

i've had pure, cold pressed quince (cydonia oblonga) juice that might
be a decent lemon juice substitute.  surely it has the acidity, though
i haven't measured it.

karen
oregon city, OR - zone 8a and wet

I've had fruit from  Malling 9 rootstock that was excruciatingly sour.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html
Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape Grower, at http://www.bunchgrapes.com
   Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best Talent in Writing"
award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/