[NAFEX] Snake and ground hog -' varmint explorers?'

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Sat Nov 15 16:21:17 EST 2008

I think that we may have identified a new subchapter!   ; - )

I have had limited experience with most wild meats, although I did enjoy
the canned rattle snake that I tasted years ago.  A bit oily, I am sure
that it is nothing like fresh.

We have some squirrels, not enough currently to be a problem though.  I
would probably have to trap  (I will have to check legality in this
State)  them at this point if I wanted to eat one, as I have not found a
source of lead-free .22 ammunition.  I can imagine that it is
painstaking to remove lead fragments and still have much critter to
eat...

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC