[NAFEX] sour cherries and netting

Harrick, Barbara b.harrick at ilslaunch.com
Wed Nov 12 13:42:28 EST 2008

Hi Jerry-- I, too, have found that the 1/4 inch netting is superior and
I hate to tell you, that's what I use on the cherries--my trees are
about 5 + feet tall.

I also have a lot of white tulle that would work as well (like the
curtains that were described--I got a roll on Ebay for a very small
sum--maybe 6$.

If you have enough netting/fabric to cinch in around the bottom, I find
that bungee cords work well to hold it all together.

Also, does anyone have experience with Balaton sour cherries?

Barbara

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer
International Launch Services
1875 Explorer Street, Suite 700
Reston, VA 20190
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536

DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International
Launch Services, Inc. and/or Lockheed Khrunichev Energia International
Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the original transmitter
immediately by phone or by e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies that may have been made of it.

Hi all. I have 2 dwarf pie cherries--Northstar and Montmorency (on
Gisella 5 rootstock from Raintree). They are compact, full of fruit
(first year I planted!) and easy to net--I just threw the netting over
them and it kept birds and squirrels at bay (and I have some feisty,
resourceful squirrels!) I just made a pie from them that was amazing,
although they tend to freeze a brick red/brown color which is so so, but
taste was great.

Does anyone have experience with a pie cherry that freezes red?

Thanks, Barbara

Message: 3