[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 8

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 23:30:26 EST 2008

Webmail wynne wrote:
> regarding frozen apples
> our experience is that below a certain temp FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF
> TIME the apples lose much of the flavor and the snap   we can go as
> low as low as 26 successfully but i would say below 26 for enough
> hours to freeze the apple solid would be the death knoll   if it warms
> up after just a few hours of freezing temps, apples could possibly be
> allright

By now you probably read my story about the Honeygolds being exposed to
15 degrees and still being quite normal.
I have reason to believe they stayed about that cold for at least a few
hours. I say that because the little airport up the road from here had
11 degrees for 3 consecutive hourly readings and 12 degrees the hour
before that.

Steve