[NAFEX] Cameo Apple

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Nov 2 14:02:50 EST 2008

> Not long ago someone defined the Cameo apple as "bland" on a posting.
> I just sampled my first apples from this cultivar and would like to
> offer a different opinion.

The only Cameo apples I've eaten have come from the grocery store, and
yes, I thought they were bland (too much like Red Delicious for my
taste). Of course, I don't think I've bought them again after the first
bunch, so that's not much of a taste test, is it? And I wouldn't be at
all surprised if they were better right from the tree.

But considering the number of apple varieties - with new ones showing up
all the time, it seems - I don't give an apple too many chances. I can
understand how I might miss something good that way. But on the other
hand, I don't have room to plant any more apple trees, anyway.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
The e-mail of the species is much deadlier than the mail. - Stephen Fry