[NAFEX] pear blossom

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Wed May 28 09:19:25 EDT 2008

This year, I had three pyrus ussuriensis in bloom for the first time. The
blooms on all three were surprisingly extra early (three weeks ago before
wild plums and cherries while my apple trees are in full bloom at the
moment). We had what I hope to be our last Frost of the season last night.
There was hardly any insects out when the pears were in bloom except for
some tiny busy individuals which I judged to be too small to carry pollen
from one flower to the next. I have now spotted at least one pear developing
in each tree, so there is no need to despair yet.

Hélène, zone 3-4, in Québec north of Ottawa