[NAFEX] Melons anyone?

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Wed May 21 23:38:57 EDT 2008

Steve wrote: "One thing I always noticed though is that it was like someone
> turned off a switch on September 1st. Melons harvested in August were
> sweet and good. After September 1st any remaining melons were quickly
> loosing sweetness and soon were not worth eating."

That reminds me of blackberries in England.  The myth is that the Devil
spits on the blackberries on a certain day and they aren't fit to eat after
that.  I was told this one hot (for England) droughty summer when I kept on
picking blackberries after the deadline, I think it was Sept 1st.  The next
year they suddenly went moldy about that time.  Donna