[NAFEX] Melons anyone?

Dr.O'Barr Topgun at Otelco.net
Sun May 18 11:38:59 EDT 2008

I like the varieties from Twilleys seeds. Especially the 710 and the seedless types.

R. D. O'Barr
"Topgun" Where my 9 row patch 135 ft. long just came up.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Deb S
  To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
  Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:29 AM
  Subject: [NAFEX] Melons anyone?

  Once again I am going to attempt to grow melons this year.  I plan to make individual raised beds (I have a lot of black plastic culvert sections lying around) for each melon hill.  With this method, I can pretty much create the soil environment I want (mix in compost/sand/potting soil or whatever).  I also will cover the top with black plastic and start the seeds in jiffy pots in the house.

  I'm hoping MAYBE this will yield me a few melons!  I have a watermelon variety (Moon and Stars) and a muskmelon variety (Collective Farm Woman).

  Any tips on melon growing would be most welcome.  Also, what are your favorite melon varieties?

  deb

  No exceptions.

  NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/