[NAFEX] Melons anyone?

Deb S debs913 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 11:29:26 EDT 2008

Once again I am going to attempt to grow melons this year.  I plan to make
individual raised beds (I have a lot of black plastic culvert sections lying
around) for each melon hill.  With this method, I can pretty much create the
soil environment I want (mix in compost/sand/potting soil or whatever).  I
also will cover the top with black plastic and start the seeds in jiffy pots
in the house.

I'm hoping MAYBE this will yield me a few melons!  I have a watermelon
variety (Moon and Stars) and a muskmelon variety (Collective Farm Woman).

Any tips on melon growing would be most welcome.  Also, what are your
favorite melon varieties?

deb