[NAFEX] PLCR Peach Scionwood

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Tue Jan 29 11:31:29 EST 2008

Bob,

Frost is supposed to offer resistance.  I think Burnt Ridge carries.

A new peach Avalon Pride (aka Croft) is supposed to be resistant and patented as such.  It was found in Washington, so it may do well in your climate.  Raintree carries as does Vanwell, and Burnt Ridge.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=PP11769.PN.&OS=PN/PP11769&RS=PN/PP11769

Harrow Diamond is supposed to be another somewhat resistant variety.  Found at Cummins Nursery.

Newhaven is listed as another.

Lastly, I don't know how you feel about fungicides, but I've had remarkable success so far with Chlorothalinil.  It's sprayed in the dormant season only, so this risk of any residue by the time of harvest would be minimal.

R.F. Hollaus, do you know the age of the leaf-curl resistant seedling?  The reason I ask is that It took some time for my peach trees to start getting leaf curl.  Don't ask me how this happened, but I wonder if it normally takes some age before it starts showing up.

Mark
KS